Sunday, October 9, 2011

On My Way

On my way to this class I realized that I don't think, or notice things. All I do is walk. I don't notice the growing grass of W. Woodruff Avenue or the orange rope keeping us off of said grass. I also don't notice the tree garden that I walk through every Monday and Wednesday, or even the smooth rocks these trees are sitting in. Recalling my walks to class, my mind almost seems blank, and it wasn't until I walked the route to take pictures for the micro-project that I realized everything that I had missed during my early morning march. All that I know I looked for was the bus outside of Scott House. If it was there I took it one stop, just to save a few steps and if not I hoofed it. Other than that, nothing. I even managed to miss that Knowlton Hall had giant smooth, white pillars, and that beside it was another garden that I had walked by everyday, but had always failed to fully look at it. It's definitely time to pay more attention as I walk from A to B.

1 comment:

  1. Nice observations. Its crazy how much I miss when I am obsessed with the destination.

    ReplyDelete