Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Final Project - Brainstorm

So, I knew the big idea I wanted to portray in my final project as soon as I finished Micro Project 5. I still find the idea of a physical Facebook fascinating, and I really want to invoke thought centered around social networking and its impacts on our society as a whole. In order to keep this blog as singular as possible, I'm just going to refer to the blog post for Micro Project 5 to show the thought process behind this big idea. When I look into my Facebook I feel more upset at people than connected. I know that this is just one persons feelings, but I also know that I am not alone. Facebook, in my biased opinion, just seems to be a dumping ground for peoples problems and useless conflicts. Why would you ever want to give everyone the opportunity to see exactly what you look like. I mean, I've seen people post their home/cell phone numbers, home addresses, and work emails on Facebook. When did Facebook become such an integral part of our society and why? What does Facebook do that simple phone calls or emails can't? Of course, you will always hear the argument that "well, it's so much easier to keep in contact with everyone," but what I don't understand is why you would want to keep in contact with someone if the only reason your doing it is because it's easy? All it does is add one more person, and their problems and drama into your life. I don't mean for this blog to be a rant. I just want it to invoke thought. I have a lot of great ideas for this project. I want to stay really close to the style of Micro Project 5. I feel like I would be able to take pictures that convey conversation (both good and bad), along with other common actions that take place on social networks, and throw them into a meaningful spot on a Facebook page, that both fits into the page itself and means a little more to the viewer. I'm really excited to see what I come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment